Free Housing Opportunity in Exchange for Chores
· The offer. We offer to provide free housing to a student/worker in a family home in Chevy Chase, MD. The resident agrees to do chores and work around the house. The work will be varied housework to aid the elderly couple (the de Boinvilles) who live there.
· What you receive. A comfortable set of rooms, including a large modern bathroom, a sunny kitchen with all new appliances (dishwasher, microwave, stove, refrigerator), a sitting room with cupboards and a desk, and a bedroom with a king size bed and full screen tv. There is free internet, free on-street parking; bus transportation to Bethesda metro, NIH, and DC bus lines; walking distance to metro, library, shops, etc. in Bethesda and Chevy Chase Maryland. You will be provided with keys to the house.
· Our expectations. Your job will be to help us with small tasks such as taking out trash and recycling, opening Amazon deliveries, tidying up, doing some yard work, occasional dishes and laundry, occasional errands and cooking. The time required per day will vary, usually under three hours. Some work will be required each morning and each afternoon/evening. You will be resident here most nights during term.
· Reasonable house rules. Because your rooms are on the ground floor of our home, please do not play loud music, smoke, invite guests without permission, neglect tasks, engage in rude or disruptive behavior; not tell hosts when you’ll be away, incur costs for hosts to pay, etc. While there may well be numerous occasions when the resident and the hosts share meals at the hosts’ expense, food is not part of the offer and you will be responsible for buying and preparing your food. The hosts will make every effort to respect your privacy since our and your laundry room are the same.
· Preference criteria. Preference between applicants will be based upon sense of responsibility, flexibility, and cheerfulness. Speaking and reading English are required. A driver’s license and driving experience are a major plus but no car is needed since ours can be used for our purposes. Anyone chosen will be on probation for a month and then resident for as long as jointly agreed after that.
IF INTERESTED CALL 301-951-4149 AND SPEAK TO MR. DE BOINVILLE